Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
(→Penguin Press's "Trailer" for Bleeding Edge)
|Line 70:||Line 70:|
[[:-.|left]] '''by , for ''''''', is a and insightful of ', Pynchon's of .[http://www../Read the review...]
Revision as of 07:36, 4 September 2013
To become a contributor/editor, Create an account.
This is the Wiki for Thomas Pynchon's Bleeding Edge. Besides using the Alphabetical Index and the page-by-page annotation, you can also take a look at Bleeding Edge covers, read the reviews, or entertain some theories on the source of the title.
Penguin Press's "Trailer" for Bleeding Edge
Here's Penguin's trailer (Hmm...) for Bleeding Edge ... No Pynchon narration this time, and I wonder how successful it'll be in motivating potential readers, but...
How to Use this Wiki
There are two major ways to use this wiki. The first is the Bleeding Edge Alphabetical Index, used to keep track of the myriad characters, real and imagined, as well as events, arcana, and lots of other stuff. The second is the Spoiler-Free Annotations by Page, which allows the reader to look up and contribute allusions and references while reading the book, in a convenient and spoiler-free manner.
Apart from those, it's up to you.
Information on the characters, events, and everything else in Bleeding Edge, organized alphabetically:==Bleeding Edge Alpha Guide to Characters, Places & More==
Page by Page Annotations
Pynchon Wiki Help and Contributor Guidelines
We have a few conventions we ask that you follow:
- When creating a new page, first check to make sure a page/article about what you want to write about hasn't already been created, by checking the list of all Wiki pages on this Bleeding Edge Wiki. If a page already exists, please modify that one.
- When creating a new page, if its information pertains to one (and only one) specific Pynchon novel, please categorize it with the appropriate identifier. For example, a page pertaining to Bleeding Edge, should use the syntax
- To open a discussion on an individual listing of the Alpha Index, create one using the entry on Peter Tait as an example. Basically, give it a name that identifies the alpha listing (eg [[Name Discussion|DISCUSSION]]) and notice that the visible name will be "DISCUSSION" in full caps, so it stands out a bit.
- Pynchonoid Blog
- Bleeding Edge blog A blog filled in while reading Bleeding Edge
- Bleeding Edge on Twitter
- Wikipedia Bleeding Edge page
- Wired Magazine Unofficial Thomas Pynchon Guide to Los Angeles
- Thomas Pynchon in Manhattan Beach
- Bill Pearlman's recollections of Pynchon in Manhattan Beach
- The Wall Street Journal: Pynchon’s Drugstore Thriller (July 30, 2009)
- GalleyCat's Jason Boog stitched together vintage footage of 1970s California, private detectives, old-time computers, and some choice passages from Bleeding Edge
- iv – a site about Bleeding Edge
- Literarywiki.org - wiki annotations to works by Pynchon, Umberto Eco, and many others.
Featured ArticlesRead the review...
Image GalleryBelow are some of the images you will find on Pynchon Wiki.
Thanks, and enjoy...