Pynchon Wiki: Bleeding Edge
To become a contributor/editor, Create an account.
This is the Wiki for Thomas Pynchon's Bleeding Edge. Besides using the Alphabetical Index and the page-by-page annotation, you can also take a look at Bleeding Edge cover analyses, read the reviews, or entertain some theories on the source of the title.
Penguin Press's "Trailer" for Bleeding Edge
Here's Penguin's trailer (Hmm...) for Bleeding Edge ... No Pynchon narration this time, and I wonder how successful it'll be in motivating potential readers, but it's definitely, um, interesting... Penguin Press said that the video was produced by Riz Sauvage (French: "Wild Rice") Productions, but they have zero presence online which does lead one to suspect....
However, on another note, writer William Gibson tweeted "Absolutely the best novel trailer so far in the history of the world" on September 4!
Featured ArticlesRead the review... Read on... Read the review...
How to Use this Wiki
There are two major ways to use this wiki. The first is the Bleeding Edge Alphabetical Index, used to keep track of the myriad characters, real and imagined, as well as events, arcana, and lots of other stuff. The second is the Spoiler-Free Annotations by Page, which allows the reader to look up and contribute allusions and references while reading the book, in a convenient and spoiler-free manner.
Apart from those, it's up to you.
Information on the characters, events, and everything else in Bleeding Edge, organized alphabetically:==Bleeding Edge Alpha Guide to Characters, Places & More==
Page by Page Annotations
Pynchon Wiki Help and Contributor Guidelines
We have a few conventions we ask that you follow:
- When creating a new page, first check to make sure a page/article about what you want to write about hasn't already been created, by checking the list of all Wiki pages on this Bleeding Edge Wiki. If a page already exists, please modify that one.
- When creating a new page, if its information pertains to one (and only one) specific Pynchon novel, please categorize it with the appropriate identifier. For example, a page pertaining to Bleeding Edge, should use the syntax
- To open a discussion on an individual listing of the Alpha Index, create one using the entry on Peter Tait as an example. Basically, give it a name that identifies the alpha listing (eg [[Name Discussion|DISCUSSION]]) and notice that the visible name will be "DISCUSSION" in full caps, so it stands out a bit.
- Latest news on Thomas Pynchon (Google News)
- The Modern Word Pynchon page
- Pynchonoid Blog
- Bleeding Edge on Twitter
- Wikipedia Bleeding Edge page
- Literarywiki.org - wiki annotations to works by Pynchon, Umberto Eco, and many others.
Image GalleryBelow are some of the images you will find on Pynchon Wiki.
Thanks, and enjoy...